Last year almost 5,000 students from over 60 different area schools from New Hampshire to Bethel attended a student matinee performance at The Public Theatre at the affordable price of only $5 a ticket. Our Student Matinee Series enables us to reach students who otherwise would not have an opportunity to attend live theatre. The school systems in our region have cut most of their arts funding. It has fallen to local institutions to provide this programming for our children. For many of them this was the first play they had ever seen.
Here at The Public Theatre, we make it EASY for you to introduce your students to the thrilling experience of live professional theatre.
- Tickets at the affordable price of only $5.00 each. This is made possible by local businesses and foundations that sponsor this program. If you have students who are unable to participate due to financial constraints, please bring it to our attention.
- Quality Equity productions featuring the best professional actors from New York, Los Angeles and New England.
- A Maine Learning Results Guide clarifying the educational objectives met with each production included with each promotional flyer, or upon request.
- Free detailed Study Guides prepared by Prof. Martin Andrucki of Bates College, to assist teachers in preparing their class prior to the performance, available in advance of each production.
- Free post-show discussions, featuring the actors and the director offer your students the unique experience of interacting with the people who created the performance.
We believe our shows will be a fabulous addition to your school year, and we look forward to seeing you at the theatre. To make a reservation, please call our business office at:
Ask about becoming an educational liaison for your school and receive 2 free tickets for yourself!
Educational Underwriters: The Betterment Fund, Margaret E. Burnham Charitable Trust, Davis Family Foundation, Evergreen Printing, The Harmon Foundation, Helen & George Ladd Charitable Corporation, Lincoln Financial Group, MainStreet Foundation, National Endowment for the Arts, Penmor Lithographers, Procter & Gamble, The Simmons Foundation, Time Warner Cable
Associate Educational Underwriters: BJ Investments, Camden National Bank, Carabassett Coffee, Dunkin' Donuts, Emerson Auto Group, L.L. Bean, Inc., Lewiston Investments, LLC, Lewiston-Auburn Children's Foundation, Northeast Bank/Northeast Financial, Pineland Lumber Co., Sisters of Charity Health System, Wal-Mart Supercenter